This course will provide the latest information on important development in clinical vaccinology and the use of vaccines.
Overall Course Objectives
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe how vaccines work in providing individual and community protection
- Describe the current Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) immunization recommendations across the lifespan
- Describe indications, contraindications, efficacy, and safety profiles for ACIP-recommended vaccines for routine vaccination and special situations
- Discuss innovative and practical strategies to improve communication with patients, parents, and caregivers about the benefits and risks of vaccination and address vaccine hesitancy
- Identify best practices for implementing or improving immunization programs in specific practice settings
- Recognize attitudinal, knowledge, and other barriers contributing to suboptimal vaccination rates
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
NFID designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
This activity will be submitted for a maximum of 12.25 continuing nursing education contact hours.
For the purpose of recertification, the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board and American Nurses Credentialing Center accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education). NFID recommends that learners check with their state licensing board to ensure they accept reciprocity with AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for re-licensure.
Physician Assistant Continuing Education
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.