This course will provide the latest information on important development in clinical vaccinology and the use of vaccines.
Overall Course Objectives
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain how vaccines work in providing individual and community protection
- Summarize current Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) immunization recommendations across the lifespan
- Describe indications, contraindications, efficacy, and safety profiles for ACIP-recommended vaccines for routine vaccination and special situations
- Describe the components of the US immunization system, including vaccine development, vaccine delivery, and outcome and safety monitoring
- Discuss innovative and practical strategies to improve communication with patients, parents, and caregivers about the benefits and risks of vaccination and address vaccine hesitancy
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.